Kids Orthodontist in Tomball, Magnolia, Northpointe, and Woodforest
Welcome to Hanigan & Johnson Orthodontics, one of the premier pediatric orthodontist offices in Tomball, Magnolia, Northpointe and Woodforest, Texas. We offer comprehensive solutions and top-notch customer care to every patient who comes to us for their teeth, mouth, and jaw concerns. We specialize in many areas of orthodontic medicine, including Invisalign treatment and children’s care.
Benefits of Early Treatment
Most orthodontists suggest that your child come in for an orthodontic evaluation around age 7. A pediatric orthodontist will note which teeth your child has lost and any concerns that may arise, such as teeth overcrowding or difficulty breathing and talking. After this consultation, they can begin early interceptive treatment if necessary.
In orthodontic work, the earlier treatment can start, the better. When we fix the jaw and teeth while the jaw is still growing, treatment will take much less time and be permanent by adulthood. If you notice your child exhibiting behaviors like thumb sucking, crooked teeth or avoiding eating due to mouth pain, it’s time to take a trip to Hanigan & Johnson Orthodontics, whatever their age.
Our Orthodontic Services for Children
If your orthodontist determines the treatment is necessary, your child may need any of the following services or even a combination of them:
- Braces: Braces are the most common solution for fixing a range of kids’ orthodontic concerns, from malocclusions — underbites and overbites — to teeth spacing and teeth crowding. Brackets and wires guide your child’s teeth into place, and the orthodontist tightens the wires every month or so. Our braces come in metal and clear options, depending on cosmetic preference.
- Invisalign® First for Kids: Another alternative to metal braces is Invisalign. Invisalign usually consists of a set of two aligners, although sometimes only one is necessary. This invisible and removable appliance helps move your child’s teeth into place while maintaining confidence in their smile.
- Palatal expanders: This appliance helps widen the upper jaw. A metal tool is applied behind the top row of teeth, and over time it applies pressure on the molars that forces the jaw to expand outward as your child grows.
- Spacers: Spacers or separators help push teeth apart so that other appliances can be placed in between them. Like braces, spacers generally require you to avoid sticky and hard foods.
- Elastics: Elastics are small rubber bands that help keep braces in the right place. Many kids like to get elastics in multiple colors so they can match them to their outfits.
- Forsus™: The Forsus Fatigue Resistant Device can eliminate the need for jaw surgery or other extensive treatments. It connects to braces and the tools work together to realign the mouth and jaw.
Make an Appointment Today
At Hanigan & Johnson Orthodontics, all of our orthodontists have extensive experience in working with children and pediatrics. We’ll do everything we can to ensure your child has a comfortable experience that encourages them to come back if and when further treatment is required.
Connect with any of our three convenient locations in Tomball, Magnolia, Northpointe and Woodforest now to learn more about our offerings or set up your free consultation today.