Finally, we are happy to announce that Governor Abbott amended his prior executive order and is allowing dental practices to open beginning May 1st, 2020. The final approval to open was issued at 7:58 pm this evening. The Texas State Dental Board in accordance with and pursuant to the Governor’s order has allowed the same.
Our first “official” day to open will be Monday – May 4th, 2020, though we will be in the Northpointe and Tomball offices for select appointments and emergencies this Friday and Saturday and our staff will be coming back tomorrow to start scheduling appointments.
We have worked hard to institute best practices in accordance with CDC and ADA guidelines to minimize risk and maximize safety for our patients, staff and their families as we open our offices. Our schedules and operating protocols have been carefully modified to insure the highest level of caution. We thank you for your patience during this time.
When you arrive for your appointment you will be greeted at our front door and handed a health questionnaire (click here to complete this form online). Anyone who enters the office will need to complete the questionnaire and have their temperature taken. We are asking that only the patient enter the office for their appointment. If you answer yes to any of these questions or have a fever >100.4 degrees Fahrenheit your appointment will be rescheduled.
- Do you have any of the following respiratory symptoms? Fever, Sore Throat, Cough, Shortness of Breath?
- Have you recently lost your sense of smell or taste?
- Do you have any GI symptoms? Diarrhea? Nausea?
- Even if you don’t currently have any of the above symptoms, have you experienced any of these symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you traveled outside the United States within the past 14 days?
We will ask patients to wait in their car until they are called to come into the office. Upon completion of the appointment minor patients will be walked out to their car and one of our assistants will let their parent or guardian know what was done and how treatment is progressing.
Thank you for your continued support, we hope you and your family are healthy and we look forward to seeing all of your beautiful smiles.
Dr. Hanigan and Dr. Johnson