Braces for kids are important because their mouths are still malleable before puberty. According to the American Association of Orthodontists, children should visit the orthodontist for their first exam when they’re around 7 years old. An assessment determines if your child could benefit from preventive care. Many kids’ teeth require braces to ensure a lifetime of good health.
Why Do Kids Get Braces?
Kids’ braces have become more common for correcting teeth in the last several decades. Early exams focus on making corrections now for the long-term health of their teeth, jaw and mouth. Orthodontic treatments for youth offer these benefits:
- Alignments treat overbites, underbites and other malocclusions before these conditions progress.
- Minimal treatments correct issues while the jaw still grows, preventing future surgery.
- Development planning strategizes the growth of permanent straight teeth and ensures proper spacing.
Does My Child Need Braces?
Each smile has a unique alignment, and various factors contribute to crooked teeth positioning. For example, losing baby teeth early or late, sucking your thumb past 5 years old, having incorrect hereditary positioning of your jaw and teeth, and sustaining injuries may be reasons for needed corrections. Here are some symptoms indicating a child could benefit from braces:
- Crooked teeth
- Protruding teeth
- Early crowding of the teeth
- Teeth separation when biting or smiling
- Missing permanent teeth
- Challenges with chewing
- Speech impediments
- Habits such as thumb sucking
Our Braces for Kids’ Teeth
Hanigan & Johnson Orthodontics specializes in services for kids’ braces in Tomball and Magnolia, Texas. We’ll assess your current teeth alignment and help you meet your goal of having a healthy and beautiful smile. We offer three types of braces treatments:
- Invisalign®: This technique provides a comfortable approach for straightening teeth. The clear aligners look invisible, and their easy removal works well for eating, drinking, flossing and brushing teeth. This treatment’s lack of metal keeps your mouth free of abrasions.
- Clear braces: Clear braces consist of polycrystalline alumina material. They offer a more discreet correction method compared to metal braces. This treatment commonly corrects cosmetic concerns.
- Metal braces: We offer self-ligating Damon metal braces, a more comfortable version of traditional metal braces. They use a specialized clip instead of plastic ties for guiding teeth more efficiently. This option results in less friction, reduced treatment time and fewer appointments.
Why Choose Us for Kids’ Braces in Texas?
Our professionals at Hanigan & Johnson Orthodontics focus on providing wonderful, life-changing experiences. We deliver comfortable care with our patient’s happiness in mind. Our kids’ braces in Magnolia and Tomball, Texas, offer solutions early on for a healthier adulthood. When you choose us, you can experience various benefits, including:
- Premier care.
- Outstanding patient experience.
- Quality custom treatments.
- Accessible payment options.
- Over 200 years of professional experience.
Schedule an Orthodontic Appointment Today
Your first step begins with bringing your child in for an initial consultation. An orthodontist will assess your child’s alignment and explain customized treatment options with flexible payment plans. This approach provides accessible care for healthy smiles.
Set up an appointment online today to experience high-quality care with Hanigan & Johnson Orthodontics!